The SSUV300 boasts numerous advantages in the performance of accurate measurement of UV absorbance of thin film sunscreen samples.
Including a dual monochromator based spectrophotometer, a simple magnetic PMMA plate carrier and integrating sphere, collection of transmitted light and accurate measurements in accordance with international standards is ensured.
The challenging measurement of sunscreen products, including high absorbance, fluorescing samples and diffuse transmission properties are fully taken account of in the design of the SSUV300.
- Measure absorbance down to 6 OD
- Avoid incorrect results due to fluorescence
- Easy to use
- Accurate and repeatable measurements
- Split double monochromator configuration
- Monochromatic sample illumination (290-400nm)
- Integrating sphere collection of transmitted light
- Monochromator detection (290-400nm)
- Fully automated and reporting of results
- ISO 24443:2012 - Determination of sunscreen UVA photoprotection in vitro
- EN ISO 24443:2012 - Determination of sunscreen UVA photoprotection in vitro
- AS/NZS 2604:2012 - Sunscreen products - Evaluation and classification
- FDA, Final Rule 2011 - Rulemaking History for OTC Sunscreen Drug Products
- UV absorbance
- Critical wavelength
- UVA/UVB ratio