The ISR300-PSL is a key tool in the accurate evaluation of blue light hazard across all classes of lighting products.
CE marking of luminaires against the EU low voltage directive 2014/35/EU requires implementation of EN 60598-1 according to which blue light hazard should be assessed with reference to IEC TR 62778.
The ISR300-PSL offers the luminaire manufacturer the most reliable and accurate direct assessment of blue light hazard, devoid of overly conservative assessment results caused by employing an approach based on calculation and estimation.
- Direct approach to blue light hazard testing
- Assess all classes of lighting product
- No dark room or knowledge of standards required
- A key tool in designing lighting products for compliance
- High accuracy telespectroradiometer
- Direct determination of blue light radiance in 11mrad field of view
- Calibrated spectral radiance standard traceable to PTB, Germany
- Fully automated over USB 2.0 with BenWin+ spectral acquisition software
- Software guidance, calculation and report generation with PSL Wizard application
- IEC TR 62778, “Application of IEC 62471 for the assessment of blue light hazard to light sources and luminaires”
- EN 60598-1:2015, "Luminaires - Part 1: General requirements and tests"
- IEC 62471:2006, "Photobiological safety of lamps and lamp systems"
- EN 62471:2008, Photobiological safety of lamps and lamp systems
- EU Low Voltage Directive, 2014/35/EU
- Spatially-averaged spectral radiance
- Spatially-averaged blue light radiance
- Threshold illuminance, Ethr
- Threshold distance, dthr