The Flicker400 offers lamp and luminaire manufacturers deeper insight into the flicker characteristics essential in development of high-quality novel lighting, increasingly relevant for those featuring dimming control.
Comprising a close-match photometric detector, high-speed amplifier and data acquisition, the Flicker400 provides high-accuracy flicker percent, frequency and index assessment in a straightforward, highly repeatable procedure.
Whilst the photobiological impact of flicker is still widely debated, the implications for image recording equipment are undeniably apparent and of increasing significance with the continued adoption of SSL in studio and stadium environments.
- Simple establishment of all key flicker metrics
- Stay ahead of the legislative curve
- Easy integration into existing photometric testing facilities
- Quickly gain insight into source performance
- Windows control software (BenWin+) provides full automation via USB 2.0
- Setup comprises a DH400-VL v-lambda detector, ORM400 photometric detector, the 477 and the USB Digital Scope.
- ENERGY STAR® Method of Measurement for Light Source Flicker
- California Energy Commission Appendix JA10
- 1789-2015 - IEEE Recommended Practices for Modulating Current in High-Brightness LEDs for Mitigating Health Risks to Viewers
- UEFA Stadium Lighting Guide 2016
- CIBSE LG04 Lighting Guide 04: Sports Lighting - LG4
- ASSIST recommends…Recommended Metric for Assessing the Direct Perception of Light Source Flicker, Volume 11, Issue 3 (ASSIST 2015)
- Percent flicker
- Flicker index
- Flicker frequency