The CL-Hg low pressure mercury-lamp is a source of atomic line emission throughout the UV and visible regions, used in the wavelength calibration and validation of monochromators and spectroradiometers.
Selected for convenience, stability and for the range of atomic lines available, the CL-Hg lamp may either be mounted to the exit slit of any monochromator or spectroradiometer, or implemented in a free-standing configuration.
The mercury spectrum contains no useful lines above 579.07nm, however shorter wavelength lines may be used to calibrate monochromators by exploiting higher grating diffraction orders. For example, the green 546.08nm line may be used to calibrate monochromators in second (1092.16nm) or third order (1638.23nm).
- Portable UV-vis wavelength calibration solution
- Runs directly from a 220V AC mains supply - No separate power supply required
- No on-going calibration requirements
- Includes germicidal, low pressure mercury lamp (250-600nm) with 2000 hour expected lifetime
- Used in free space or coupled to the entrance port of any monochromator or spectroradiometer
- Can be used in higher diffraction order to calibrate over wider spectral range