The 498 dual channel hybrid AC current pre-amplifier-DC nanoammeter module has been designed to provide a simple solution to two specific signal detection challenges in one module.
In the AC mode, the 498 is deployed as a pre-amplifier for lock-in amplifiers employing current source detectors, i.e. photomultipliers and photodiodes.
In DC mode, the 498 nanoammeter represents the main detection electronic. Offering short-circuit detector operation and an impressive six decades of gain, wide dynamic range measurements with excellent linearity can be realised.
The 498 can be operated from the front panel or fully automated over the USB interface. Over-load and under-load flags are included to enhance optimal remote operation.
- Incorporates both current pre-amplifier and nanoammeter
- High gain accuracy and stability
- Single module for two detector systems
- Low noise
- Dual width module housed within the 417/417T unit
- Dual input lock-in pre-amplifier
- Dual input nanoammeter
- Virtual ground input
- Front panel control
- Fully programmable via USB 2.0 interface