Technical Sales Manager
Date Posted: 21st December 2018
Location: Reading, UK
Package: Competitive base salary, attractive bonus, life assurance
Are you motivated by achievement? If you have a strong track record of selling engineered systems then you may be the person we’re looking for.
We have an extensive portfolio of proven systems and components that sell into a variety of global markets, as such we need someone who can adopt a consultative sales approach and who thrives when presented with a challenge. Reporting to the Head of Sales your attitude and ability to sell will be key to achieving ambitious business growth goals. A competitive salary and benefits package is on offer for the right candidate.
- Develop and maintain a sales pipeline capable of delivering sales and growth targets
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales target at agreed profit margins
- Create stable and ethical long term relationships with existing clients, representatives and distributors to optimise quality of service and customer satisfaction
- Identify and secure new business opportunities and potential new markets
- Plan, prioritise and report sales activities
- Prepare detailed quotations and tender bids
- Participate in contract and new product development reviews
- Work closely with Marketing to ensure content is developed and lead generation targets are achieved
- Represent the company at trade shows, exhibitions and conferences
- Monitor and report on competitor and market activities
- Internal customer champion, communicate requirements to other departments
Experience/ skills required:
- Previous experience within technical sales is essential
- Experience in developing sales within the optical metrology market or similar would be a distinct advantage
- A strategic, consultative sales approach
- Motivated and well organised
- Excellent communication, presentation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team and on your own
- Full driving licence
- IT literate
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally if required
Light is our passion, Bentham Instruments has a world-wide reputation in optics and photonics. A privately-owned SME, for 45 years, we have been at the fore-front of the development and manufacture of scientific instrumentation used to characterise sources of light, detectors and materials. Our team comprises 25 – 30 committed people.
Our diverse client base comprises industrial R&D, production and quality departments, universities, research establishments, hospitals and national metrology institutes.
With an enviable reputation for quality and service and a global presence, we have an ambitious plan for growth that includes new products, facility expansion and additional headcount alongside improved business processes and organisational development.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.