Technical Sales Manager
Date Posted: 4th August 2020
Location: Reading, UK
Package: Competitive base salary, attractive bonus, life assurance
Are you motivated by achievement? If you have experience selling scientific equipment, then you may be the person we are looking for.
We have an extensive portfolio of proven components and systems developed over the last 43 years that sell into research, industrial and national standards compliance markets globally via distribution, OEM and direct channels. Order closure requires a consultative technical sell; often the client presents a problem and we consult to establish the right solution. Reporting to the Head of Sales your ability to sell will be key to achieving ambitious business growth goals.
- Develop and maintain a sales pipeline capable of delivering sales and growth targets
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales target at agreed profit margins
- Create stable and ethical long term relationships with existing clients, representatives and distributors to optimise quality of service and customer satisfaction
- Identify and secure new business opportunities and potential new markets
- Plan, prioritise and report sales activities
- Prepare detailed quotations and tender bids
- Participate in contract and new product development reviews
- Work closely with Marketing to ensure content is developed and lead generation targets are achieved
- Represent the company at trade shows, exhibitions and conferences
- Monitor and report on competitor and market activities
- Internal customer champion, communicate requirements to other departments
Experience/ skills required:
- Previous experience within technical sales is essential
- Experience in developing sales within the optical metrology market or similar would be a distinct advantage
- A strategic, consultative sales approach
- Motivated and well organised
- Excellent communication, presentation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team and on your own
- Full driving licence
- IT literate
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally if required
Light is our passion, Bentham Instruments has a world-wide reputation in optics and photonics. A privately-owned SME, for 45 years, we have been at the fore-front of the development and manufacture of scientific instrumentation used to characterise sources of light, detectors and materials. Our team comprises 25 – 30 committed people.
Our diverse client base comprises industrial R&D, production and quality departments, universities, research establishments, hospitals and national metrology institutes.
With an enviable reputation for quality and service and a global presence, we have an ambitious plan for growth that includes new products, facility expansion and additional headcount alongside improved business processes and organisational development.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.