Software Developer (Production Engineering)
Date Posted: 08th February 2018
Location: Reading, UK
Package: Competitive base salary with attractive bonus
An exciting opportunity to deploy your programming skills to support our software products portfolio used in the automation and test of scientific instruments.
Bentham Instruments Limited has an exciting opportunity for a software developer to join our production engineering team. As a key team member you will be responsible for the maintenance of our software products portfolio, including testing, releasing, issue tracking, bug fixing and developing bespoke utilities.
Bentham Instruments Limited has a world-wide reputation in optics and photonics. A privately-owned company, for over 40 years, we have been at the fore-front of the development and manufacture of scientific instrumentation used to characterise sources of light, detectors and materials and for in vivo applications. Our diverse client base comprises industrial R&D, production and quality departments, universities, research establishments, hospitals and national metrology institutes. With an enviable reputation for quality and service and a global presence, we have an ambitious plan for growth.
- Lead support, issue tracking and bug fixes of standard software portfolio products and test applications
- Manage release processes, communicating with change log
- Develop and document custom utility modules
- Wide range of software testing
Experience / skills required:
- BSc or MSc in science, engineering or other relevant subject
- Experience in developing code in one or more of C++, Delphi and Python
- Understand and intelligently debug both existing and new software
- Fully versed in use of Git
- Awareness of client needs and importance of timely response in dealing with issues
- Excellent writing skills
- Effective time-management skills
This is an excellent opportunity to bring your skills and passion for programming to enable world-class scientific instrumentation. If you find this role motivating and challenging, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.