Optical Test Engineer
Date Posted: 08th February 2018
Location: Reading, UK
Package: Competitive base salary with attractive bonus
A unique entry-level opportunity to join a scientific instrumentation manufacturer with a global presence.
Bentham Instruments Limited has an exciting opportunity for an optical engineer to join our production team. Working for the production manager you will be responsible for performing the calibration of scientific optical instrumentation. Full training will be provided to the successful candidate.
Bentham Instruments Limited has a world-wide reputation in optics and photonics. A privately-owned company, for over 40 years, we have been at the fore-front of the development and manufacture of scientific instrumentation used to characterise sources of light, detectors and materials and for in vivo applications. Our diverse client base comprises industrial R&D, production and quality departments, universities, research establishments, hospitals and national metrology institutes. With an enviable reputation for quality and service and a global presence, we have an ambitious plan for growth.
- Setup and run automated software to calibrate scientific optical equipment
- Ensure internal procedures are followed
- Ensure instruments are handled with due care and attention
Experience / skills required:
- A-level qualification, or equivalent, in either science or maths
- Dexterous, thorough and pragmatic in your approach to tasks
- An aptitude for mechanics and electronics
- Excellent attention to detail
- A good level of computer skills
- Ability to work independently
This is an excellent opportunity to work in the fascinating field of optics and develop your optical calibration skills. If you find this role motivating and challenging, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.