Head of Sales
Date Posted: 08th February 2018
Location: Reading, UK
Package: Competitive base salary plus attractive bonus
An exciting opportunity to develop the sales culture and drive the growth of a well-established, privately-owned scientific instrument manufacturer.
Bentham Instruments Limited is seeking a head of sales to drive growth and develop its position as a leading provider of light measurement instrumentation. The successful candidate will develop, manage and motivate the sales team to achieve ambitious sales targets. Based at our offices in Reading, UK, this role includes an element of international travel. This is an exciting opportunity for a proven and driven sales leader to join the team.
Bentham Instruments Limited has a world-wide reputation in optics and photonics. A privately-owned company, for over 40 years, we have been at the fore-front of the development and manufacture of scientific instrumentation used to characterise sources of light, detectors and materials and for in vivo applications. Our diverse client base comprises industrial R&D, production and quality departments, universities, research establishments, hospitals and national metrology institutes. With an enviable reputation for quality and service and a global presence, we have an ambitious plan for growth.
- Focus on sales growth through new market opportunities, hands-on leadership and developing a more proactive sales culture
- Develop, implement and drive performance metrics in all areas of the sales cycle
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasting to the management team
- Travel internationally as required to manage and support exhibition attendance, key accounts and distributors
- Establish and maintain long-term relationships with key accounts and distributors
- Stay abreast of competitor activity to maximise on opportunities
- Provide input into the product development, pricing strategy, product positioning and market prioritisation
- Work closely with the marketing department to identify new opportunities
Experience / skills required:
- A highly driven individual with a proven track record in developing and managing sales teams
- Minimum five year sales experience in international B2B sales, preferably within a similar industry
- Degree-educated in a science or engineering discipline desirable
- Thrive on building a highly-motivated team in order to achieve sales success
- A strong leader with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- An entrepreneurial, self motivated and enthusiastic self starter
This is an excellent time to join this ambitious and highly-regarded company. If you find this role motivating and challenging, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.