Head of Sales
Date Posted: 01st August 2018
Location: Reading, RG2 0NH, UK
Package: Competitive base salary, attractive bonus, car allowance, death in service benefit
Are you a talented, enthusiastic, results orientated sales professional with experience of selling engineered products and systems B2B? We have established a new position of Head of Sales to drive growth and develop our position as a leading provider of light measurement instrumentation.
Reporting to the GM, you will develop, manage and motivate the Sales team to achieve ambitious sales targets. Based at our offices in Reading, this role includes an element of international travel.
- Define and implement an effective sales strategy that delivers both new business and growth of existing accounts
- Lead our Sales team, establishing a culture that seeks to over achieve sales and margin targets
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with key accounts and distributors
- Identify and implement key performance metrics for the Sales function
- Prepare weekly / monthly reports detailing sales volume, potential sales and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Travel internationally as required to manage and support exhibition attendance, key accounts and distributors
- Stay abreast of competitor activity to maximise opportunities
- Provide input into new product development; including pricing strategy, product positioning and market prioritisation
- Liaise with Technical Support to understand post sale activity and to overview customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with the Marketing department to exploit new opportunities
Experience/ skills required:
- A highly driven individual with a proven track record in developing and managing sales teams
- Minimum five year sales experience in international B2B sales, preferably within a scientific or instrumentation industry
- Degree-educated in a science or engineering discipline desirable
- Motivated by successfully developing a sales team that is energised, proactive, ambitious and thrives on success.
- Able to drive accountability and responsibility through their team, delegates successfully and communicates openly and effectively.
- Demonstrable ability to collaborate and cooperate across all business functions
- Entrepreneurial, self motivated and enthusiastic
Light is our passion, Bentham Instruments has a world-wide reputation in optics and photonics. A privately-owned SME, for 45 years, we have been at the fore-front of the development and manufacture of scientific instrumentation used to characterise sources of light, detectors and materials and for in vivo applications. Our team comprises 20 – 25 committed people.
Our diverse client base comprises industrial R&D, production and quality departments, universities, research establishments, hospitals and national metrology institutes.
With an enviable reputation for quality and service and a global presence, we have an ambitious plan for growth that includes new products, facility expansion and additional headcount alongside improved business processes and organisational development.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.