Electronic Assembly Technician
Date Posted: 08th February 2018
Location: Reading, UK
Package: Competitive base salary with attractive bonus
Bentham Instruments Limited has an exciting opportunity for an electronic assembly technician to join our growing manufacturing team.
Working on standard and prototype scientific instrumentation we hope that you will bring along extensive experience of hand assembly of through-hole PCBs and re-working SMT PCBs and a pride in maintaining excellent standards in your work.
Bentham Instruments Limited has a world-wide reputation in optics and photonics. A privately-owned company, for over 40 years, we have been at the fore-front of the development and manufacture of scientific instrumentation used to characterise sources of light, detectors and materials and for in vivo applications. Our diverse client base comprises industrial R&D, production and quality departments, universities, research establishments, hospitals and national metrology institutes. With an enviable reputation for quality and service and a global presence, we have an ambitious plan for growth.
- Manufacture high quality scientific instrumentation within demanding timescales
- Work closely with onsite engineers to assist R&D in prototype build
- Be responsible for the quality of your work
- Maintain good standards of housekeeping and cleanliness
Experience / skills required:
- Experience within a previous electrical role where you have used soldering, wiring and crimping skills.
- Extensive experience of hand assembly of both through hole PCBs and SMT PCB re-work
- Excellent dexterity
- Ability to follow and interpret manufacturing documentation such as build instruction and circuit diagrams
- Likes to ensure that high standards are achieved and maintained
- Have excellent communication skills, especially when working under pressure
- Enjoys working in a team and supporting each other to achieve goals
- Will continually improve how you work and makes suggestions on how to improve our processes
This is an excellent time to join this ambitious and highly-regarded company. If you find this role motivating and challenging, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.