Bentham manufactures an extensive range of integrating spheres from 2cm to 2m diameter, for measuring the total flux, spectral power distribution and chromaticity of almost any light source (from lasers and LEDs to large linear fluorescent tubes.
All our spheres can be coupled to our high performance spectroradiometer systems for UV-visible-IR spectral power distribution measurements yielding full colour information including colour rendering indices, chromaticity co-ordinates, colour temperature, etc. Alternatively precision photometric detectors can be fitted for direct total lumen output measurements.
All our spheres are fully compliant with CIE84 recommendations.
- ODM/Benflect, a proprietary PTFE type material: best performance 200-2500nm
- Barium sulphate: general purpose 300-2500nm
- Gold: recommended for IR applications beyond 2000nm
All spheres are available with many options and accessories including:
- spectroradiometer/ photometer/ colorimeter
- wide range of standard lamp holders
- adjustable lamp holders
- rotating lamp holders (0-360°)
- temperature monitors
- safety interlocks
- wiring options (internal/external control gear, HF operation etc)
- calibrated standard lamps and power supply
Diffuse reflection and transmission integrating spheres with specular light traps are also available.
Our spheres are also routinely used as uniform light sources.