Fully Automated Lamp Characterisation System, including power supply, ballast and ignitors
The picture illustrates a fully integrated and automated lamp measurement facility for testing and characterising ceramic metal halide lamps ranging in power from 15W to 1kW.
An integrated sphere-based spectroradiometer is combined with software-selected control gear (power supply, ballasts and ignitors) and electrical measurement instrumentation to allow complete lamp characterisation.
The lamps are mounted on a turntable allowing lamp orientation to be rotated in 5° intervals, 0-360°.
A simple Windows form instigates a full measurement procedure under complete software control including:
- Reference ballast selection (15W to 1000W)
- Ignitor selection (or electronic)
- Applied voltage and frequency selection
- Lamp stabilisation time and monitoring
- Spectral power distribution (spectral flux, 250-1700nm)
- Colour temperature
- Colour rendering indices
- Chromaticity co-ordinates
- Emission peak wavelengths
- Total lumens
- Lamp flicker (%)
- Lamp extinction voltage
- Sphere/ambient temperature
- Electrical parameters:
Vmin Vpk Vrms A W and PF etc.